While Matt and I were in Krakow, we ate like kings. Matt and I went to a restaurant for every single meal except for breakfasts. And it was all extremely affordable and high quality. If there is one thing I would recommend when you visit Krakow it’s to take advantage of the currency exchange and eat at some awesome restaurants. If you don’t believe me, check out the details of some of the meals that we had including the prices. It will probably blow your mind like it did ours.
Cafe Botanica (55,50 Polish Zloty = 16.60)
- Raspberry Creme Brulee – I’m a huge fan of creme brulee so I jumped at the chance to get some in Krakow. I’ve never had raspberries cooked into the custard before but it was amazing.
- Caprese Salad with Bread – This salad was an option in almost all the restaurants we went to.
- Foot Long Panini with Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, Arugula, and Garlic Sauce: Move over Subway! This foot long panini cost be about US$3.50. And it tasted awesome.
- Pot of Black Tea
- Large Black Coffee
Nova Krova — An All Vegan Restaurant (63 Polish Zloty = 18.84 USD)
- Quinoa Spinach Burger with Grilled Vegetables, Lettuce, Pickles, and Spicy Sauce: This was not some rinky dink veggie burger. This thing had heft!
- Barley Salad with Cucumbers: Refreshing, healthy, and cheap. What more can you ask for?
- Beetroot Soup with Coconut Milk, Pumpkin Seeds, and Sprouts: They gave me a lot of this soup and I enjoyed every single bite. I also ordered a burger so my stomach may have felt like it was going to burst but it was worth it.
- Orange Lemonade
- Regular Lemonade
- Millet Burger with Vegan Mayo, Arugula, Pumpkin Seeds, and Tomatoes: This burger was absolutely delicious and, like the quinoa burger, huge. I was so full after this amazing lunch.
Bon Appetea (23,30 Polish Zloty = 6.97 USD)
- Matcha Coconut Bubble Tea with Tapioca: I had been passively looking for bubble tea my whole trip and this was the first place I came upon. The matcha bubble tea was so yummy!
- Passion Fruit Green Bubble Tea with Mango Boba
TriBeca (65 Polish Zloty = 19.44 USD)
- Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce: This was so yummy. And I ate it before my meal. No shame.
- Handmade Strawberry Lemonade with Mint: This lemonade was light and refreshing. Plus it was all natural. It didn’t have any extra sugar like you would probably see in American Strawberry Lemonades.
- Huge Caprese Salad with Bread
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Arugula and Bread: I tried this out instead of the typical caprese salad that I’d been seeing everywhere. It was delicious but it was so much food. I couldn’t even eat it all.
- Large Americano
Morskie Oko (58 Polish Zloty = 17.35 USD)
- Potato Pancakes: These were so creamy and delicious. I need to figure out how to make these when I get home.
- Large Jug of Mineral Water
- Fava Bean Pierogies with Caramelized Onions: This dish was my favorite of the two pierogies we tried. These were the best pierogies that I have ever eaten.
- Spinach and Cheese Pierogies with Caramelized Onions
Like the information and photos you found here? Check out my food blog Ravenous Wander. I promise you won’t be disappointed.